Saturday, January 26, 2008

Oh lordy.

I have just watched, for the first time, "The 40-year-old Virign", while simultaneously drinking most of a bottle of 'organic' white wine. And I have to say, the inherent cuteness of this movie is overwhelming.

Also, am I the only one who wanted to cry when Andy started to sell off all his toys? Even though the entire thing is fictional, I hope he kept the "Iron Man" that he got in 2nd grade. And opened it himself.

It reminds me of this quote, from Eliza Skinner's website www.elizaskinner.net (the subject is "What Women Want) :

Surprises.
Who doesn’t like surprises? Not like “birthday roast” or “cancer” surprises, obviously, but smaller benign surprises are magical. I have a friend who wistfully told me about how his mother used to surprise him with a new action figure left on his bed from time to time, for no reason other than to make him happy. He told me this 15 years after it happened. Surprises leave a special indelible imprint. Cost - $0 and up


Let's all cry and hug now.

No comments: