Thursday, March 27, 2008

Helter skelter!

Boys are the number one ruiner of cool lady friends you used to be able to just chill and shoot the shit with. Case in point: Today, after a friend told me a little bit about the new boy she is dating, I got this message unsolicited: "I believe you will meet someone nice soon, too".

Don't say things like this, people. It is just rude, and rub-in-your-facey. I mean, I am happy for you and all, though I know I will never be able to hang out with you again because I don't want to hear about how happy you are now (as a prelude to what an asshole this guy is, which I will get to hear about as soon as six weeks later), but really, I am happy. Everyone deserves to have some time in happy-butterfly-stomach lovey-dovey land. But seriously: Don't ruin my goodwill by comparing your new happiness to my single (and thus, apparently terrible) life. If you must know, I am pretty freaking awesome all the time, regardless of whether or not I am dating. SO THERE.

No comments: