Friday, July 10, 2009

On the other side of the road.

So, on Wednesday I wore a silly gown and funny booties and then some medicines dripped into my blood stream til I fell asleep. While I slept, a few doctors watched and a few participated in sewing a plastic band to the outside of my eyeball, in a place where I can't see it. Then I woke up and shook around and complained like a baby until my body felt right again, and I was allowed to go home.

Now I am in that home, wearing sunglasses indoors, which I will have to do for a few weeks. At some point in the next few weeks my current roommate will presumably move out, and a new one will hopefully move in. My eye, which is now red and angry, will slowly return to its normal state. In the meantime, I will try to grow comfortable with my shadowy vision.

No comments: