Monday, February 25, 2008

Kowai, kowai!

I have a really large list of fears. This can't be surprising to anyone.
Most of them are probably normal for the section of the population I belong to, ie the neurotics and depressives: dying young, dying really old after an unexciting life, organ cancers, brain tumors, being touched by a spider (the bigger, the scarier), my own incapacity to love/be loved, the concept of eternity, nuclear war, all other kinds of war, failing out of grad school, going batshit crazy, turning out to not be smart or creative after all, my parents dying (well, maybe not my stepmom), going blind and/or deaf, paralysis, conversing in Japanese with people I want to like me, bad things happening to my sisters, falling from a high place, rape/assault, being found out as the fraud I am somehow sure I am, and getting fat. Just for starters.

However, for the next 6 months, I am adding one new fear: the huge fear that somehow I will be in
Japan during the American part of Radiohead's world tour, and in America for the Japan leg. Please, please, let this never come true.

According to this link (http://www.radiohead.com/tourdates/), there will be 4 shows at some point or other in California. I will go to all/any of these, even if it is mid-afternoon August in San Diego and the tickets cost $200. And I have to fly there, or something. I will do it.

No comments: