Thursday, May 24, 2007

The death of my study session.

Next to me in the cafe is a guy who apparently is so passionate about flourescent lighting that he has been discoursing on it for literally about ten minutes now. Which is ridiculous in and of itself, but nearly everything he is saying is taken directly from a recent NY Times article on the same subject. Which I have, of course, also already read. At least the barista dude is mocking him a little now (he appears to be friends with the "regulars", of which I am not).

This may not sound like such a terrible thing, but the guy next to me actually used "They pass the savings onto you!" in normal conversation. Burn your television, before commercials manage to insert themselves that deeply into your brain.

Now there appears to be a band setting up to play, which, from my seat, looks to be composed of homeless old men. Looks like I might have to go home a few hours early.

UPDATE: Okay, nevermind; these seemingly-homeless men are rocking out. If you can rock out while playing jazz, I mean. But seriously, this shit is awesome, even if I do have to read about post-modernity while I listen to it. Especially good: it also has made the guy next to me put on his headphones and stop talking.

No comments: