Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mormons ruin yet another thing.

Okay, so I know that the Burmese military junta would have found some other excuse to put Aung San Suu Kyi back in jail or extend her house arrest, even if that stupid fucking guy hadn't swam to her house. But still! What the fuck were you thinking, asshole?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/may/18/burma-suu-kyi-trial

So, once again, she is on trial. Because I am an optimist idiot, I had thought in fall 2007 that the mass protests of the monks would have finally pushed the military government out. Obviously, that hasn't happened. And, like so many other incredibly depressing instances of deprivation and oppression in the world (and in this country), I feel like a lame sad moron because all I can do is sit around, signing online petitions, waiting to see what comes next.


In totally stupid and unimportant "news", I have found this weekend that wearing my glasses while watching Tina Fey on 30 Rock makes me feel even more like Liz Lemon is a lot like future me will be. Please make sure I don't have any lettuce in my hair today, world.

No comments: