Monday, May 11, 2009

You should read all of this, because it's pretty great.

BN knows what's up. You don't have to read the question, what's really important is his response.

http://www.blognigger.com/2008/12/ask-blognigger-lexapro.html

There's a good follow-up here too, if you want more: http://streetbonersandtvcarnage.com/blog/ask-blognigger-i-hate-myself-and-i-want-to-die/

I think all of this is pretty important, of course, because there have been a lot of times either I've worried or people I know have worried both about being unhappy forever, and about taking drugs that will "change" them and that they'll have to rely on. When I think about the idea of taking pills every day for the rest of my life, it seems pretty bad, until I think about the idea of being a miserable sad shit for the rest of my life. Somehow that puts a lot of things in perspective.

To live should be to enjoy things, be happy, to love good people and do good work. And there are a hundred million things that can go wrong with that, but if one of them's the weird chemicals in your brain and you can fix it, why not fix it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Unfortunately the brain is not so simple that there is a magical drug that just makes you happy and that's it