Friday, May 15, 2009

When I think that I'm over you, I'm overpowered.

Two things are happening.
One, one of my students has the swine flu. I find this hilarious. If I start vomiting and losing fluids and shit, we will know the cause. If this happens and I get quarantined for a week at home, like my student, please leave me some soup/tamiflu on the stoop. I'll come out to get it after you've retreated to safe distance.

The other: tomorrow night, I have a date to go drink downtown with a boy who has been flirting with me by telling me, repeatedly, that he's not my type and we probably don't have anything in common. This is probably true, because he's a 30 year old waiter/actor who just got out of a long-term relationship, makes rap music on the side, doesn't think he's that smart, and a whole host of other things. He's into his car! I have never even imagined dating someone who's really into their fucking car.

And yet I'm going on this date anyway. To answer your question, yes, he's really fucking attractive. And, you know, also seems like a sweet guy despite all the warning signs. I'm kind of excited about the potential for this to be one big crazy mistake, I tell you what.

No comments: